Tamarind Ginger Pickle Recipe
|Tamarind Ginger Pickle Recipe|
|Preparation Time||20 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||25 Minutes|
- 1/2 lemon sized ball Tamarind (pulp)
- 6 one-inch pieces Ginger (peeled, washed and cut)
- 10 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- 10 tbsp Sesame Oil (Til Oil)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 Whole Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Jaggery (Gur)
How to make Tamarind Ginger Pickle:
- In a pan, dry roast the fenugreek seeds till brown. Remove from heat and grind it to a smooth powder.
- Add asafoetida and salt to it and keep aside.
- In a pan, take four tablespoon of oil and lightly sauté the ginger and chillies for about two minutes.
- Add turmeric powder to it and cook for some time. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil and add mustard seeds and red chillies. When the mustard starts to splutter, add the tamarind pulp and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the powdered fenugreek and jaggery to the tamarind and simmer till the mixture thickens.
- Add the sautéed chilli-ginger to it and cook for a few minutes more, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool before storing it away on a sterilized jar.