Tandoori Parantha Recipe
Photo Credit: http://skvilas.com/product/tandoori-paratha/
|Tandoori Parantha Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (4 votes)|
- 2 cup Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Maida
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
How to make Tandoori Parantha:
- Mix flour, maida and salt together in a bowl. To form medium firm dough, add hot water slowly and knead the flour.
- Cover the dough with a muslin cloth and leave it for 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, mix milk with water and keep it aside.
- Now, divide the dough into golf ball size balls. Dip the dough ball into dry flour and roll it out into an oval shape roti (approx 5 inches).
- Apply few drops of cooking oil on half portion of roti and fold half over it. Again apply few drops of cooking oil on its ¼ portion and fold rest over it. Now fold this into a triangular shape and roll it again of full size.
- Place a heavy circular griddle over medium flame and when it becomes sufficiently hot, smear it with a tsp of cooking oil.
- Now place the roti on the tava, and when it is half done, prick the uncooked side of the paratha with a fork.
- Smear milk-water mixture on the uncooked side and flip it over using tongs to cook it until light brown spots appear.
- Remove it from the tava and keep it in a covered (preferably insulated) container.
- Smear the parantha with ghee on one side and lightly crush it.
- Tandoori Parantha is ready to eat. Serve hot with curries.