Tangy Onion Puli Mandi Recipe
|Tangy Onion Puli Mandi Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 100 g Madras Onions
- 1 big lemon sized Tamarind
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Red Chilies
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Asafetida powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urdad dal
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 300 ml thick Water from washing rice
How to make Tangy Onion Puli Mandi:
- Soak the tamarind in rice water for some time. Now squeeze the pulp and filter the water. Keep it aside.
- Slit the madras onions and the green chilies longitudinally. Also break the red chilies into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the red chillies, mustard seeds, urad dal, fenugreek and fennel seeds. When they begin to splutter add asafetida powder.
- Now add the onion, green chilies, turmeric and salt. Saute them till the onions become golden brown. When the onions are done add the tamarind rice water and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Onion puli mandi is ready to be served.