Tarte Aux Pommes Recipe
|Tarte Aux Pommes Recipe|
- 1-1/2 cup Thick Apple Sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Apple Brandy (optional)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Lemon (grated rind only)
- 3 cup Tart Apples (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Apricot Jam
- 9" Pie Crust (baked)
How to make Tarte Aux Pommes:
- Simmer apple sauce, honey, brandy, vanilla and lemon rind in a saucepan, for 10-15 minutes, over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared crust.
- Arrange apples on the top of the sauce, in a circular style.
- Melt apricot jam in a separate saucepan, on high heat. Now, blend it in a processor, until pureed.
- Using a pastry brush, glaze the apples with the jam.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow it to cool, before cutting into slices and serving.