Thai Chicken Pad Recipe
|Thai Chicken Pad Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 8-10 Ounce thin Thai-style rice noodles (boiled)
- 1 Cup raw chicken breast or thigh meat, sliced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Cups fresh bean sprouts
- 3 Spring (green) onions, sliced
- 1/3 Cup crushed peanuts
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Chicken Marinade:
- 2 tsp Cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Pad Thai Sauce:
- 3/4 tbsp Tamarind paste, dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tsp Chili sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Lime wedges for serving
- Oil for stir-frying
How to make Thai Chicken Pad:
- Place chicken slices in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade over the chicken.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Warm up a wok or large frying pan, over medium-high heat.
- When the wok/pan is hot, add oil.
- After the oil gets a little hot, add garlic.
- Stir-fry till the garlic leaves a fragrance.
- Add chicken slices (together with the marinade).
- Stir-fry for one minute.
- Now, add chicken stock.
- Cook the chicken slices for 5-8 minutes, till they become tender.
- Prepare Pad thai sauce by mixing all the ingredients.
- Add noodles to the cooked chicken and pour Pad Thai sauce over them.
- Using two spatulas, quickly stir-fry the noodles.
- Add bean sprouts and sprinkle ground black pepper.
- Continue "tossing" for 1 more minute, or till the noodles are cooked.
- Top with spring onions and crushed peanuts.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedges and serve hot.
- Thai Chicken Pad is ready.