Thai Satay Chicken Recipe
|Thai Satay Chicken Recipe|
||50 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 stalk Fresh Lemon Grass (sliced thin crosswise)
- 1/4 inch piece Fresh Galangal (Blue Ginger)
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil (canola or peanut)
- 20 Bamboo Skewers
- 1 1/2 lb. Chicken Breast (boneless)
- 1 tsp. Whole Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp. Whole Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp. Ground Turmeric
- 3-4 Shallots (peeled and sliced thin crosswise)
How to make Thai Satay Chicken:
- Slice chicken into long thin slices and keep it aside.
- Roast the coriander seeds for 2 min in a wok over medium heat without oil.
- Grind the coriander seeds and pestle or electric coffee grinder (reserved for spices).
- Take a bowl and mix all the spices with the shallot, galangal, lemon grass, garlic.
- Add chicken pieces to the marinade and mix well to cover meat.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 10 min before cooking, so that they will not burn.
- Skewer 2 to 3 pieces of chicken onto each stick.
- Grill over a hot fire until cooked through.
- Baste with cooking oil after turning.
Serve with sauce