Thai Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Thai Vegetable Soup Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||150 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 cup uncooked Brown Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 chopped Sweet Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Ffresh Ginger Root, chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, chopped
- 4 cups Broccoli, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can Light Coconut Milk
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup White Wine
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Thai Chili Peppers
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Grass, chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai Pepper Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Saffron
- 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- Fresh Cilantro, for garnish
How to make Thai Vegetable Soup:
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a pot. Cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook onion, garlic, ginger, and carrots until they are tender.
- Mix in broccoli, red bell pepper, coconut milk, broth, wine, fish sauce, soy sauce, Thai chile peppers, lemon grass, garlic sauce, and saffron.
- Mix well and let the soup simmer for 25 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor, in batches, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pot, and mix in yogurt and cooked rice.
- Top with cilantro and serve hot.