Til Pitha Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/recipes-india-on-a-plate/15241088
|Til Pitha Recipe|
||8.8 / 10 (10 votes)|
- 2 cups Glutinous Rice
- 100 gm Jaggery
- 80 gm Black Sesame Seeds
- 4 cups Water
How to make Til Pitha:
- Soak the rice overnight in water.
- Drain excess water and grind it carefully.
- Roast sesame seeds and pound them to remove their outer shell.
- Cut Jaggery into small chips and combine the sesame seeds with it.
- Heat the griddle and spread the rice batter over it to the size of Puri with the help of a ladle.
- While it is being roasted, put the stuffing of jaggery and sesame mixture in its middle.
- As and when the rice batter gets firm, fold its sides to cover the stuffing.
- Turn it over and heat lightly before taking it off from the fire. Ensure that jaggery doesn't melt and flow out.
- Til Pitha is ready to eat.