Photo Credit: http://chefcorbininc.com/annas-tiramisu/
||9.3 / 10 (4 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Pound mascarpone cheese
- 6 Egg yolks
- 2 Packages ladyfinger cookies
- 3/4 Cup white sugar
- 2/3 Cup milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 Cups heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp Rum
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
How to make Tiramisu:
- In a medium saucepan, mix egg yolks and sugar properly.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium flame until mixture boils.
- Boil gently for about 1 minute.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Cover tightly and place into refrigerator for an hour.
- Beat cream with vanilla in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Whip mascarpone into yolk mixture till soft.
- In another bowl, mix coffee and rum.
- Cut the ladyfingers lengthwise into two halves and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Place half of soaked ladyfingers on the bottom of a 7x11 inch dish.
- Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers followed by half of whipped cream over that.
- Repeat the layers and add cocoa.
- Cover it and place into refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or until set.