Tofu Buffalo Wings Recipe
|Tofu Buffalo Wings Recipe|
||60 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 14 oz extra firm Tofu (drained and pressed)
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce (to taste)
- ½ cup Barbecue Sauce
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cayenne
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
How to make Tofu Buffalo Wings:
- Drain the tofu and press between paper towels to squeeze out the maximum water possible.
- Cut into bit-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Mix together hot sauce, barbecue sauce, black pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Pour half the sauce mixture over tofu, reserving the half for later use. Mix well.
- Refrigerate the tofu for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before cooking, drain the excess marinade from tofu and mix it with the reserved sauce.
- Place the tofu in the freezer for 30 minutes to give the tofu a heavier texture.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix together flour, salt, cayenne and paprika.
- Coat the tofu pieces with flour mixture and refrigerate for another 30 minutes. Reserve the leftover flour mixture for further use.
- Place a large frying pan on medium-high heat and heat olive oil.
- Coat the tofu pieces in the remaining flour mixture and fry in the oil till they turn golden brown and the oil has cooked out.
- Add the reserved sauce to the pan stirring tofu until it is well coated with the sauce.
- Remove and serve hot with ranch or bleu cheese dressing as a dip.