Tofu Lettuce Wraps Recipe
|Tofu Lettuce Wraps Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||5 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder (equal amount of ground cinnamon, cloves, star anise, fennel seeds and Szechuan peppercorns)
- 3 tbsp clear Honey
- 3 tbsp Sherry Wine
- 5 cm piece fresh Gingerroot (peeled and finely grated)
- 2 Red Chilies (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 300 g pieces Tofu
- 1 small Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- ½ small Cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 200 g Bean Sprouts
How to make Tofu Lettuce Wraps:
- Combine together soy sauce, Chinese five spice powder, honey, dry sherry, ginger, red chilies and tofu in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the ingredients well and leave them aside to marinate fro 30 minutes.
- Remove the first four outer layers of the lettuce and rinse them well in cold water. Remove any excess water and chill for 30 minutes.
- Place a wok on fire and heat sesame oil on high heat.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the tofu mixture form heat and add in cucumber, bean sprouts and coriander. Mix well.
- Place the lettuce leaves on 4 serving plates.
- Divide the tofu mixture among the lettuce leaves.
- Wrap each lettuce leaf to form a roll.
- Serve immediately with extra soy sauce.