Tofu Pumpkin Pie Recipe
|Tofu Pumpkin Pie Recipe|
||60 Minutes |
||75 Minutes |
- 1 (16-ounce) can Pureed Pumpkin
- ¾ cup Sugar (or ½ cup Maple Syrup)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ½ tsp Ginger (ground)
- ¼ tsp Cloves (ground)
- 1 tsp Allspice (ground, optional)
- ½ tsp Nutmeg (ground, optional)
- 2-3 tbsp Cornstarch (to firm up the pie filling)
- 1 (10-12 ounces) package Silken/ Soft Tofu
- 1 9-inch Vegan Pie Shell (unbaked)
How to make Tofu Pumpkin Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Combine together pumpkin and sugar. Blend well.
- Add salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cornstarch and tofu. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the preparation into the pie shell.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 60 minutes.
- Remove the pie and cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut into slices and serve.