Tofu Tacos Recipe
Photo Credit: http://beforeitsnews.com/cooking-and-recipes/2011/12/tofu-tacos-1534619.html
|Tofu Tacos Recipe|
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 (16 oz) package garden herb Tofu (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cumin (ground)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ Lime (juiced)
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 10 medium Taco Shells (heated)
- 2 cups Lettuce (shredded)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup Salsa
How to make Tofu Tacos:
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add tofu, vegetable oil, garlic and onion. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, lime juice and tomato sauce. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the cilantro. Stir.
- Remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Spoon the tofu mixture into taco shells.
- Top the shells with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cheddar cheese and salsa.