Tofu Tikka Masala Recipe
|Tofu Tikka Masala Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 blocks Tofu (drained)
- 2/3 cup Plain Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup Coriander Chutney
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- For Sauce:
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 large Onion (finely minced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 inches Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup Tomatoes (crushed)
- A pinch Allspice Powder
- A pinch of Pimenton de la Vera (Smoky Paprika)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Yoghurt
How to make Tofu Tikka Masala:
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- In a bowl mix yogurt, coriander chutney, garam masala and salt.
- Into the bowl add tofu cubes and mix well so that each piece is well marinated.
- Refrigerate the marinated tofu cubes for 2 hrs in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Thread the tofu cubes into the skewer, now line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the brochettes on it.
- Bake the tofu brochettes for 20 minutes, turning it once in between.
- Now set the oven to broil and let it broil until tofu changes its color.
- Meanwhile, in a pan add oil and fry onion.
- Into it add garlic, allspice, smoky paprika and ginger.
- Sauté the mixture until the fragrance of the spices come alive.
- Into it add tomato. Add salt and sugar. Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Into the paste add the broiled tofu pieces.
- Stir the mixture and cook for another 5 minutes over medium flame.
- Before serving add a cup of yogurt. And Voila! Your tofu tikka masala is all set to spice up your dinner!