Tomato Pickle Recipe
Photo Credit: http://honestcooking.com/tomato-pickle-recipe/
|Tomato Pickle Recipe|
||7.5 / 10 (2 votes)|
- 4 large Ripe Tomatoes
- 3 fresh Red Chilies (minced)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds (roasted)
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 10 pods Garlic (sliced)
- 1/8 cup Green Onions (chopped)
How to make Tomato Pickle:
- Roast tomatoes in oven for about 30 minutes, or until charred.
- Remove charred skin and reserve flesh in a bowl.
- Take oil in a pan, heat it and add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Fry them for few seconds then add chilies, garlic, ginger, asafetida, lime juice and salt; stir for a minute.
- In a blender combine all ingredients to form smooth paste-like mixture and transfer into a large bowl.
- Now again in a non-stick pan, heat one tablespoon of mustard oil, add fenugreek seeds until it turns dark.
- Add slices of garlic and fry till light brown. Pour the garlic-oil mixture and chopped green onions over the tomato mixture. Mix well and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Tomato Pickle is ready to serve.