Tomato Rice Recipe
|Tomato Rice Recipe|
|Rating||8.6 / 10 (73 votes)|
- 2 cups Rice
- 5 to 6 Tomatoes (cut into pieces)
- 2 medium Onion (cut into pieces)
- 6 to 8 Green chilies (slit)
- 1 tsp Chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 piece Ginger (grated)
- 4 flakes Garlic (grated)
- 4 Cloves
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- 3 Cardamons
- 3 tbsp Oil/butter/ghee
How to make Tomato Rice:
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes in water. Drain water and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamon and fry for a minute.
- Add ginger & garlic to it, fry for a minute and add green chilies and onions.
- Fry till onion turns light brown. Add tomato pieces to it.
- Now add salt, chilly powder and turmeric to it.
- After tomatoes are cooked for 3 to 4 minutes, add rice to it and stir.
- Now pour down 3 to 3 1/2 cups of water and cook properly.