Turkey Rice Casserole Recipe
|Turkey Rice Casserole Recipe|
||50 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 4 cups (32 oz.) Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 1 Onion (small) (chopped)
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) Carrot (grated)
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) Celery (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 5 cups Cubed Turkey (cooked)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar Pimientos (diced) (drained)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Wild Rice (uncooked)
- 1 3/4 cups (14 oz.) Long Grain Rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups (16 oz.) Mushrooms (sliced fresh)
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) White Wine
- 2 cups (16 oz.) Swiss Cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups (16 oz.) Cheddar Cheese (shredded) (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram (dried)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 5 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups (709 ml) Milk
How to make Turkey Rice Casserole:
- Boil broth in a large pan.
- Add the wild rice and simmer for 25 min.
- Add the long grain rice and boil until tender.
- Take a skillet and sauté onion, carrot, the mushrooms, broccoli and celery in oil until tender.
- Put the pimientos, turkey, oregano, marjoram, salt into the rice and half cook it.
- Mix the flour, milk, wine in a pan and cook until thickened.
- Add the above thickened into the half cooked rice.
- Put Swiss cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese into the turkey mixture and stir it until melted.
- Sift the above things into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Put the remaining cheddar cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 min.