Turkish Apricot Compote Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.food.com/recipe/turkish-apricot-compote-kayisi-kompostosu-387397
|Turkish Apricot Compote Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||6 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 6 fresh Apricots (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- 2 tbsp Almonds (sliced and slightly roasted)
How to make Turkish Apricot Compote:
- Combine sugar and water in a medium cooking pot.
- Boil the mixture and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add apricots and almond extract. Mix well and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour the preparation in a bowl.
- Allow the mixture to cool and refrigerate.
- Add almond slices and pour in individual bowls.
- Serve chilled.
Serve with Pilaf on the side.