Turkish Wedding Soup Recipe
|Turkish Wedding Soup Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||240 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2-2½ lbs Lamb Stew Meat or Lamb Necks (slices or lamb ribs or lamb shoulder)
- 3 quarts Water
- 1 large Onion
- 1 medium Carrot
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 tsp Paprika
- A dash of Cayenne Pepper
How to make Turkish Wedding Soup:
- Pour water in a large pot.
- Add lamb stew meat in the water and put it for cooking.
- Peel the onion and cut into quarters.
- Similarly, peel the carrot and cut into small pieces.
- Add the onion and carrot to the pot.
- Add salt and simmer on low heat for 3 to 4 hours, till the meat falls from the bones, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down, till the fat hardens.
- Strain the broth.
- Separate the meat from the bones and cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Remove all fat and discard it.
- Discard the bones, onion and carrot.
- Place a large pot over heat and melt butter.
- Add flour and stir till it gets lightly browned.
- Add in the broth and cook till the soup thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg yolks and lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- Spoon half a cup of soup into the egg yolk mixture. Mix well.
- Stir the egg yolk mixture into the soup.
- Add the meat cubes and heat till the soup is heated well. Do not boil.
- Take a small bowl and cream together butter and paprika.
- Add cayenne pepper.
- Spoon out soup into cups or soup bowls.
- Garnish with creamed butter mixture.
- Serve immediately.