Turtle Brownies Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bettycrocker.com/menus-holidays-parties/mhplibrary/recipes/backyard-brownies
|Turtle Brownies Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 cups Pecans (chopped)
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1 cup Butter (unsalted)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 24 Individually Wrapped Caramels (unwrapped)
- 42 Pecan Halves
How to make Turtle Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Combine white sugar, butter, eggs and cocoa powder in a bowl. Stir well until blended.
- Add flour and 1 tsp of vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Bake the batter for 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool the brownies on a wire rack.
- Place a saucepan on low heat and melt caramels, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining vanilla. Stir.
- Drizzle the caramel preparation over the brownies in parallel rows.
- Press the pecan halves into the caramel in neat rows.
- Allow the preparation to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice into bars and serve.