Vagharela Bhath Recipe
Photo Credit: https://dindintonight.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/vagharela-bhaat/
|Vagharela Bhath Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 sprigs fresh Curry Leaves
- 1 pinch Asafetida Powder
- 1 Onion (minced, optional)
- 1 cup Potatoes (finely chopped)
- 4 Green Chile Peppers (chopped)
- ½ tsp ground Turmeric
- ¼ tsp White Sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 cups White Rice (cold, cooked)
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp fresh Cilantro (chopped)
How to make Vagharela Bhath:
- Place a large skillet over medium fire and heat oil.
- Fry mustard seeds until they splutter.
- Add curry leaves and asafetida. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add onion, potatoes, Chile peppers, turmeric, white sugar and white salt. Mix and cook for about 10 minutes till the potatoes turn tender.
- Crumble the rice to break the grains.
- Add the crumbled rice to the skillet and stir to combine all the ingredients well.
- Heat the mixture thoroughly for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve warm.