Vegetable Chowmein Recipe
Photo Credit: http://mirchmasala.me/2011/01/vegetable-chow-mein-vegetable-egg-noodle-stir-fry/
|Vegetable Chowmein Recipe|
||7.1 / 10 (18 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 220 gms Fresh Egg Noodles
- 1 cup Bamboo Shoots
- 1 can Water Chestnuts
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (cut into half and discard the seeds)
- 1 cup fresh Snow Peas
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 2 slices Ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chinese Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup Moong Bean Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Oil for stir-frying
How to make Vegetable Chowmein:
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 3 - 5 minutes. Drain the water.
- Rinse all the vegetables under running water and drain thoroughly.
- Cut the red bell pepper and celery into thin strips, string the snow peas and keep it aside.
- Take oil in a wok and heat it.
- Add the minced ginger and stir-fry briefly until aromatic.
- Add the water chestnuts and fry then for a while.
- Now add the other vegetables except for the moong bean sprouts.
- Stir-fry briefly and add the noodles.
- Stir in the dark soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar.
- Now add in the bean sprouts and cook for a few more seconds and serve hot.