Vegetable Pirattal Recipe
Photo Credit: http://chettinadusamayal.blogspot.in/2009/06/chettinadu-vegetable-pirattal.html
|Vegetable Pirattal Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
- 2 small Carrots (peeled & cut into thick pieces)
- 2 small Potatoes (peeled & cut into thick pieces)
- 100 g Cauliflower (separated into florets & covered with warm salt water)
- 50 g Green Peas
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tomatoes (each cut into 6 pieces)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Bay Leaf, Cinnamon (for tempering)
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 3 tbsp Coconut (grated)
- 1 tsp Broken Wheat
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 cloves Garlic
How to make Vegetable Pirattal:
- Make a paste with the ingredients to be ground.
- Heat oil in a wok. Flavour the oil with bay leaf and cinnamon.
- Put in the curry leaves and onions. Saute over medium heat.
- Put in carrots, potatoes and cauliflower.
- Once they are half cooked, add the red chilli powder and turmeric powder and saute well.
- Once the raw smell of chilli and turmeric is gone, add in the tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and let the vegetables cook.
- After 5 minutes, add the peas and the ground masala paste.
- Stir well, off and on and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.