Vegetarian Black Bean Soup Recipe
|Vegetarian Black Bean Soup Recipe|
||3.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Cups onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Medium carrot, diced
- 10 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Bell pepper, diced
- 5 Cups black beans, soaked and cooked
- 1½ Cups orange juice
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
How to make Vegetarian Black Bean Soup:
- Sauté onion, cumin, salt, carrot and 5 garlic cloves in olive oil, over medium heat. Cook till the carrot is tender.
- Add bell pepper and rest of the garlic. Sauté for around 10-15 minutes or till the bell pepper is tender.
- Transfer to the Dutch oven, along with the cooked beans.
- Mix in the orange juice, both the peppers and tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes become tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and purée it.
- Pour the soup back into the Dutch oven.
- Simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes and serve.
- Vegetarian Black Bean Soup is ready.