Vegetarian Moroccan Stew Recipe
|Vegetarian Moroccan Stew Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 (4 inch) Cinnamon Stick
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 4 large Red Potatoes (cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can Garbanzo Beans (drained)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can canned diced Tomatoes (with their juice)
- 1 cup pitted, brine-cured Green Olives
- ½ tsp Lemon Zest
- 1¾ cups Water
- 1 (10 ounce) box Couscous (uncooked)
- 6 tbsp plain Yogurt
- 6 tbsp fresh Cilantro (chopped)
How to make Vegetarian Moroccan Stew:
- Place a large saucepan on medium heat and heat olive oil.
- Add yellow onion, garlic, cumin, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper. Mix and cook for 5 minutes, till onion turns tender and translucent.
- Add butternut squash, red potatoes, vegetable broth, garbanzo beans and tomatoes. Stir and boil the mixture.
- Reduce heat and cover the saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook till the squash and potatoes turn tender.
- Remove the stew from heat and mix in olives and lemon zest. Stir.
- Take another large saucepan and boil water.
- Add in couscous.
- Cover the saucepan and remove from heat. Let the pan stand for 5 minutes.
- Use a fork to fluff the couscous and cool thereafter.
- Place the couscous on a serving plate.
- Pour the stew and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve with yogurt.