Walnut Baklava Recipe
Photo Credit: https://iwantwine.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/baklava-for-baklava-virgins/
|Walnut Baklava Recipe|
||75 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
- 4 cups Walnuts (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 cup Butter (melted)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen Phyllo Dough (thawed)
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
How to make Walnut Baklava:
- Take a mixing bowl and combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with some melted butter.
- Remove the phyllo dough sheets and separate them.
- Place one sheet of phyllo in the baking dish and brush it with some butter.
- Place another sheet over the first one and brush more butter on it.
- Fold the ends of the sheets underneath, to fit in the dish.
- Spread ¼ cup of the walnut mixture over the sheet.
- Repeat this process by layering two sheets, brushing with butter and sprinkling the walnut mixture.
- Finally, cover the mixture with the remaining dough sheets and give a final brushing of butter.
- Slice the dough into 2 inch diamonds using a sharp knife.
- Bake the dough at 350 °F for 45 to 55 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- Place a saucepan over fire and combine sugar, water, honey, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Boil the contents and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and pour over warm baklava.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.