Watermelon Cake Recipe
|Watermelon Cake Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||4.0 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 1 package White Cake Mix
- 1 package Watermelon Gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2-1/2 cups Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red and green gel food coloring
- A few Chocolate Chips
How to make Watermelon Cake:
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, water, eggs and oil.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds then on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour this into two separate greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° F for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove the cake to wire racks to cool completely.
- Set aside 2 tbsps frosting for decorating.
- Place 1-1/4 cups frosting in a bowl; tint red.
- Tint remaining frosting green.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup red frosting.Top with second cake.
- Frost top with remaining red frosting.
- Frost sides and top edge of cake with green frosting.
- Cut a 1/4-in. hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag. Fill the bag with reserved white frosting.
- Pipe around top edge of cake where green and pink frosting meets.
- For seeds, insert chocolate chips upside down into cake top.
- Watermelon cake is ready.