Wild Mushroom Toast Recipe
|Wild Mushroom Toast Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 3 lbs mixed Fresh Mushrooms
- 3 oz Dried Mushrooms
- ¼ cup low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Cognac
- ¼ cups Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped Shallots
- 6 cloves crushed Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup(s) chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1¼ ounce(s) grated Parmesan
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp ground Black Pepper
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 sprigs Thyme
How to make Wild Mushroom Toast:
- Preheat the microwave oven to 450 degrees F.
- One by one, slice all the fresh mushrooms ¼-inch thick. Keep all the dried mushrooms soaked in a bowl of hot water until tender, which will take about ten minutes or so.
- Then, rinse them thoroughly and squeeze them dry.
- Take a foot long ovenproof skillet and heat it until very hot.
- Add olive oil and fresh mushrooms. Cook, while stirring frequently, over high heat until mushrooms become liquid and later dry, which will take another ten minutes.
- Now add the shallots, garlic, and the rehydrated mushrooms. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated. Add the chicken broth, cognac, butter, salt, pepper, and sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and roast, stirring twice, for 30 minutes. Add the remaining herbs; you can also add some of your own choice like oregano or basil.
While serving arrange garlic bread on a plate, add a serving of the musrooms and top with grated Parmesan.