Wine Country Roast Turkey Recipe
|Wine Country Roast Turkey Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Whole turkey of 12 to 15 pound, fresh or thawed if frozen
- 1 Onion, cut in quarters
- 2 Stalks celery, cut in half
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 Cup orange juices
- 1 Cup rose wine, divided
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground paprika
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Seasoned salt
How to make Wine Country Roast Turkey:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wash the turkey in cool running water and pat dry with clean paper towels.
- Place it on a V-shaped rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Put onion, celery and 1/2 cup wine in body cavity and sprinkle body cavity with salt and pepper.
- Using twine, tie legs together over cavity and tuck wings under or skewer against sides of the turkey.
- Brush the turkey with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Place the food thermometer in the inner thigh.
- Roast it uncovered, breast side up, in the preheated oven for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine rest of the melted butter, wine, orange and lemon juices, seasoned salt, onion powder and paprika, mix well.
- Use to baste the turkey regularly during remaining roasting time for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Roasting time varies so use the food thermometer and roast till the internal temperature of the inner thigh reaches 180 degrees F.
- If the turkey starts to brown too early, cover the breast and top of drumsticks loosely with the aluminum foil.
- Allow the turkey to stand for about 15 to 20 minutes before carving.