|Calories Per Serving:
- 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
- 10 tbsp Sugar
- A few strands of Saffron
- 6 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Cashew Nut (thinly sliced)
- Take milk in a pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame.
- Meanwhile wash the raw rice thoroughly.
- Add the rice into the boiling milk.
- When rice are half cooked, add little water if required.
- Mix sugar and cashew nut pieces with cooked rice.
- Stir continuously until it boils.
- Dissolve saffron in little milk.
- Add it to the cooked mixture with cardamom and raisins. Mix well. Rice kheer is ready to serve.
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Melt ghee in pan, add rice and fry until it is clear.
- Add milk to rice and simmer until liquid has been reduced by half.
- Add sugar and cook until dissolved.
- Add the nuts and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm or cold.