- 1/2 kg Rice
- 300 gm Jaggery
- Oil for frying
- Soak rice in water for half an hour.
- Spread it on a large cloth or newspaper for half an hour.
- When it is three fourth dried, put it in a mixie and powder it.
- Dissolve jaggery in enough water and mix well.
- Put this on heat.
- Cook it until the jaggery syrup becomes thick like a paste.
- Combine this syrup with the powdered rice and mix well to make dough.
- Cover it and leave it for about 8 hours.
- Take 2 cups of oil and heat it.
- Make a ball of out of the dough on a plastic sheet and flatten it by hand.
- Fry in oil until it becomes golden brown on both sides.