- 5 Big brinjals
- 8 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 Big onion, finely chopped
- 1 Sprig curry leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Coconut scraping
- Tamarind, gooseberry size
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Cut brinjals into big pieces and cook till soft.
- Grind together coconut, tamarind and cooked brinjal to form smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard.
- When it pops up, add asafoetida and urad dal and fry until golden brown.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves and onion. Fry it for five minutes.
- Now mix the brinjal paste, salt, turmeric powder and little water.
- Reduce the heat and keep it on fire for two to three minutes.
- Egg Plant Kotsu is ready to serve.