- 1 Long brinjal, cut into large pieces
- 1-1/2 Cup raw rice, washed and cooked
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 4 Cloves
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Channa dal
- 1 Inch cinammon
- 1-1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 5 Red chillies
- 2 Green chillies
- 6 Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Oil for frying the masala
- 1/2 Cup sour buttermilk or 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Take a small pan and heat oil.
- Fry 4 red chillies, cloves, cinammon, cumin, turmeric, coriander and peppercorns.
- Grind them to form a fine powder.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal, red chilli, green chillies and channa dal, stir it till the seasoning is done.
- Add the brinjal pieces and fry until brinjal is done.
- Add the buttermilk, powdered masala, salt and mix them properly.
- Now boil it.
- After boiling it, combine with the cooked rice and heat through.
- Delicious Vangi Baath is ready to serve.