- 1/2 kg Beef
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1tsp Chili powder
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 Small cardamom pods, seeds
- 2 Whole black cardamom pods
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 10 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Onion slices, coriander, ginger and green chilies for garnishing
- Take a heavy based pot and heat oil.
- Fry the meat a little.
- Mix salt, chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, pepper and ginger paste.
- Pour a little water.
- Mix flour in half cup of water.
- Add this mixture to the meat and boil it.
- Grind all the spice mix until powdery fine.
- Add this to the meat.
- Add 3-4 cups of water cover and leave it to tenderize over very low heat.
- It will take about 5 - 6 hours for chicken and more if using beef.
- Fry some onion slices in oil until golden brown.
- Garnish the Nihari with it.
- Fresh coriander, ginger and green chilies can also be used for garnishing.