- 1 Cup basmati rice
- 3/4 Cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 Cups water
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Wash the rice and drain well.
- Take a large pan and heat oil.
- Fry onions and cumin on medium heat till onions are tender, but not browned.
- Add the rice and pour 2 cups water.
- Add garam masala, salt and vegetables.
- Cover the pan and cook over high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then decrease the heat to low.
- After cooking for 10 minutes, stir the rice to distribute the spices evenly.
- Cook for about 25 to 30 minutes or till the rice is tender.