- 1 kg Mutton, cut into very small cubes
- 4 Chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 Finely chopped onions
- 3-4 Chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1-1/2 tbsp Jaggery
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee or oil
- 2 Cups water
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 6-7 Large potatoes
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a pan and heat oil or ghee.
- Add onions and saute until golden.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, and ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir for about one minute.
- Now add the mutton cubes and cook until the meat gets a light brown colour.
- Add chopped green chillies, tomatoes, water and salt as required, stir it.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes over low heat.
- Mix jaggery and vinegar with it.
- Cook again for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Boti is ready.
- For Sali, cut 6-7 large potatoes into very thin straws.
- Soak them in chilled salty water for few minutes.
- Drain the water and dry the straws.
- Deep fry the straws in boiling ghee or oil, until golden brown.
- Remove excess oil from potato straws and serve with Boti.