Vegetable Manchow Soup
- 2 tbsp French Beans (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Baby Corn (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Carrots (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Red Capsicums (finely chopped)
- 3 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- ½ tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- A pinch Orange-Red Food Color (optional)
- A pinch Ajinomoto (optional)
- 2 sprigs Spring Onions (for garnishing)
- 2½ cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For Chinese Chilly Chutney
- 4-5 Dried Red Chilies
- 1 Onion (small)
- 1 Garlic (head)
- 1 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- Soak dried red chillies in hot boiled water for about 10 minutes.
- Take out the chillies and grind it with the remaining ingredients (for Chinese Chutney) to form a fine paste.
- Take ½ cup water in a big bowl. Add cornflour, vinegar, soy sauce, ajinomoto, tomato sauce, white pepper, salt and orange red colour to it. Place the bowl aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute all the vegetables for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Chinese Chutney Paste to the vegetables.
- When aroma arises, pour water into it.
- When the water starts boiling, add corn starch gradually and stir constantly until it thickens.
- Garnish the soup with spring onions.
- Serve it hot.