- 2 lb Beef or lamb stewing meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 Cup blanched slivered almonds
- 8 Cloves garlic
- 6 Whole cloves
- 1 tbsp Gingerroot, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander seed
- 1 tbsp Cumin seed
- 1 tsp Cardamom seed, without pods
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 Medium onions, thinly sliced & separated
- 3/4 Cup whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tbsp Snipped coriander or parsley
- Water as required
- Combine cumin seed, coriander seed, crushed red pepper, cardamom seed and cloves and grind the spices into a fine powder.
- Add water, slivered blanched almonds, garlic cloves, gingerroot, salt and ground cinnamon.
- Blend until the mixture has a pasted consistency.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a 4 quart saucepan or Dutch oven and cook 1/2 of the meat till brown on all sides.
- Now remove it from the heat and repeat this with remaining meat, add 1 tbsp additional oil, if desired.
- Fry it until brown and then remove it from the flame.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil, add onions.
- Cook it over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes until onions begin to brown. Decrease the heat to medium and add blended spice mixture.
- Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes more or until slightly browned.
- Now add meat and half cup water to the saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for 1- 1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until meat is tender, keep stirring.
- Stir together yogurt, whipping cream, garam masala and flour.
- Now stir the mixture into Dutch oven.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Sprinkle Beef Corma with coriander or parsley.