- 1/2 Cup tur dal
- 1 tsp Urud dal
- Vegetables of choice (drumsticks, yam, snake gourd, pumpkin, ash gourd)
- 2 tbsp Sambar Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Coconut scraped for seasoning
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3-4 Dry chillies
- 5 tbsp Coconut oil
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Boil tur dal with turmeric powder, keep aside.
- Take a vessel, put cut vegetables and add salt to taste.
- Now add sufficient of water for the vegetables to cook with sambar powder.
- Cook the vegetables when done, set aside.
- Grind the cooked Dal with half of the Coconut scrapings, Keep aside.
- Now take a vessel and heat coconut oil.
- Add urud dhal, dry chillies, when the dal is light brown add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the mustard seeds crackle add the cooked vegetable mixture, dal and coconut mixture, mix well.
- Add water if the mixture is very thick, remove it from the fire when done.
- Take another 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a kadai.
- Fry the remaining of the coconut scraping until golden brown.
- Pour it over the Erasari.
- Erasari is ready to serve.