- 3-1/2 Cups cherry juice
- 4-1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 pkg Dry pectin
- 1 Cup water
For Cherry Juice:
- 1 Gallon cherries, fully ripe
- Softly wash the cherries and remove the stems.
- In a large bowl, crush cherries.
- Add water to crushed cherries.
- Boil them over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the juice through a cheesecloth or jelly bag.
- Take a large pot and add cherry juice.
- Now combine pectin with this and stir.
- Place over high heat and stir continuously.
- Bring it to a full rolling boil.
- Add sugar and bring to a full rolling boil once more, keep stirring
- Boil hard for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the fire.
- Remove the foam.
- Ladle into the hot jelly jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.