Roast Turkey Breast
- 1 Bone-in whole turkey breast or 4-1/2 to 5 pounds, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp Cold water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
- Place the turkey, skin side up, on the rack in a big shallow roasting pan.
- Insert the ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in the thickest part of the meat and does not touch bone.
- Roast uncovered for about 1 hour.
- Mix butter, wine, thyme, paprika salt and garlic.
- Now brush the turkey with half of the butter mixture.
- Now roast for about 30 minutes.
- Again Brush with the remaining butter mixture.
- Roast for about 1 hour longer or till thermometer reads 180 degrees F and juice of the turkey is no longer pink when midpoint is cut.
- Remove turkey from the oven and let stand for about15 minutes for easier carving.
- Pour pan drippings into the measuring cup and skim fat from drippings.
- Add sufficient water to drippings to measure 2 cups.
- Heat drippings in 1-quart saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Mix 2 tbsp cold water and cornstarch, stir into drippings.
- Boil and stir for about1 minute.
- Serve it with turkey.