- 10 Cups pears, peeled and chopped
- 4 Cups granulated sugar
- 3 Cups cider vinegar
- 1 Cup seedless raisins
- 1 Cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- In a large preserving kettle or dutch oven, combine all the ingredients.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 1- 1/2 hours, keep stirring.
- Remove chutney from the fire and pour it into the hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/8 inch headspace.
- Seal at once, let cool and store it in dry, cool and dark place.