- 1-1/2 kg Easy-carve leg of lamb
- 4 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/3 Cup redcurrant jelly
- 1 Cup red wine
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 3 Sprigs fresh rosemary, cut into 2 cm lengths
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 degree C.
- Make 12 slits in the top of the lamb with a sharp knife.
- Insert a small sprig of rosemary and a slice of garlic into each slit.
- Scatter the onion slices over the base of a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Now sprinkle over remaining garlic and rosemary.
- Put the lamb onto the bed of onions.
- Take a small saucepan and heat redcurrant jelly and brush over the lamb.
- Add salt and pepper to the lamb.
- Roast for about 15 minutes.
- Decrease the heat to 180 degree C.
- Pour wine and stock over it.
- Now Roast for another hour (for medium) or till cooked.
- Remove from the oven, cover it with foil and rest for about 15 minutes.