Port Wine Jelly
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Redcurrant Jelly
- Stick of Cinnamon
- 2 Lemons
- 1 tbsp Gelatin
- 2 cups Claret
- 1ï¿½ cups Ruby Port
- Single cream to serve (optional)
- Extract juice from the lemons and mix it with water, sugar, redcurrant jelly, and cinnamon stick.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Dissolve gelatin in a little of the claret.
- Add this to the mixture and stir gently.
- Take off the heat.
- Then stir in the rest of the claret and the port.
- Let the mixture cool until lukewarm, the strain it into small glasses to set and chill until required.
- Garnish with a spoonful of single cream on the top and serve.