- 10 oz Plain flour
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup ghee
- Salt to taste
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add ghee and water and knead till the dough smooth.
- Let the dough rest for about 2 to 3 hours to soften.
- Make small balls from the dough, oil the work top with ghee and work each ball into a very thin sheet.
- First flatten with oiled palms, now thin it again by pulling the edges.
- Sprinkle the dough sheet with 1 tsp ghee and fold in edges, shape it into a square.
- Now sprinkle a little flour and roll out slightly.
- Preheat the griddle or pan, grease it well with ghee.
- When hot, put roti on, cook for about 2 to3 minutes until golden brown.
- Lift roti with a spatula, grease the griddle with ghee, and cook the other side.
- Roti Canai is ready to serve.