- 2 cups Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Urad Flour
- 1/2 cup Besan Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Water (to knead)
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A fistful of Sesame Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Take a bowl and put rice flour, urad flour, besan flour, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, red chili powder, sesame seeds, and salt into it. Mix them well.
- Soften the butter and add it into the mixture.
- Now add water slowly into the mixture and knead it to make soft dough.
- Place a lump of dough in Muruku Maker. Pipe out the patterns, forming circles, on a greased plate.
- Heat oil over medium flame.
- Carefully fry murukus in the oil, without touching each other.
- Fry till they turn light golden brown in color.
- Place the murukus on a kitchen paper towel, to drain the surplus oil.
- Allow them to cool.
- Murukku is ready to eat. Store in a dry container.