Mutton in Spinach Paste
- 750 gm Leg or shoulder of mutton
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 3 Cloves crushed garlic
- Fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 Green chili, finely chopped, ground
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds, ground
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander, ground
- 750 gm Fresh or frozen spinach
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of plain yogurt
- 4 Black cardamoms, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup of thick cream
- 1-1/2 Cups of water
- Heat the ghee and saute the garlic.
- Add ginger, coriander, cardamom, chilli and mustard seeds on moderate fire for about two minutes.
- Add meat and sprinkle on turmeric, stir thoroughly and cook for about five minutes.
- Pour some water and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add more water and salt.
- Cook till the meat is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Chop spinach finely and place into a separate saucepan with nutmeg, sugar, and yogurt.
- Cook and now add to liquidizer, blend into a puree.
- Combine it with the meat and heat it up, stirring to mix the two sauces well.
- Now add thick cream to it and reheat.