- 500 gm Chaembu or arbi
- 30 gm Imili
- 35 pcs Karivappalai
- 1 tsp Kadugu
- 6 Dried chillies
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 3 tsp Malli seeds
- 2 tsp Rice powder
- 1/4 tsp Manjal powder
- 50 ml Ellannai oroil
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Clean and peel the arabi well.
- Mix the imli in 1 litre boiling water and put the arabi boiling in it.
- Make a fine paste of malli seeds, asafoetida, jeera and dried chillies after frying them with a spoon of oil.
- While arabi is semi cooked mix this paste, manjal powder and salt with arabi.
- Cook arbi well with added ingredients and the rice powder solution mixed with a cup of water
- Take a seperate vesssel and heat 25 ml oil in it.
- Fry the curry leaves till gets semi fried and drop the entire oil along with the fried leaves over the arabi mix.
- Heat 20 gram oil in a seperate vessel and put some kadugu.
- Drop the fried mix over arabi and add Ellannai oroil.