- 3 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cup Dashi (a soup stock)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sake (alcohol)
- 1 Chicken Thigh (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 4 Shiitake Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Mitsuba (Japanese Wild Parsley )
- 8 slices Kamaboko (a processed sea food)
- Take eggs in a bowl and lightly beat them.
- Add cool dashi soup stock, soy sauce, salt, sake, and sugar in the egg.
- Strain the egg mixture.
- Put the remaining ingredients except the mitsuba in four tea cups.
- Fill each cup to third-forths full with the egg mixture.
- Place mitsuba leaves on top of the egg mixture and cover them.
- Preheat a steamer on high heat.
- Turn down the heat to low and carefully place cups in the steamer.
- Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Poke the custard with a bamboo stick.
- If clear soup comes out, it's cooked.
- Steamed Custard is now ready to be served.