- 1 Cup tuvar dal, cooked
- 1 Lemon size tamarind
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 4 tsp Pepper corns
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut
- 2-3 Dry red chillies
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- A few curry leaves
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Marinate tamarind in water and extract the tamarind juice.
- In the tamarind juice, add tomato, turmeric powder and salt and boil it until the raw smell of the tamarind is lost.
- Meanwhile, in 1 tsp oil, saute the coriander seeds, pepper corns, chana dal, red chillies and cloves until pink.
- Grind them with coconut to form a soft paste.
- Add the paste, cooked tuvar dal and curry leaves to the tamarind juice and boil for a few seconds.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds and hing and season the rasam.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.